I recently attended an unreal Microsoft training day with Robert Crane and I forgot just how awesome learning things can be, especially when it translates directly into what you’re doing for a business!
The training day/s touched on a plethora of fantastic things but there were some tools and resources in particular that we went through that I would love to share with you all.
Before I go into that…..Microsoft held their annual Ignite conference in Atlanta, Georgia last week and have confirmed some awesome things for O365 over the coming months.
Now, if you’re already using O365 these items are going to add so much value to your current environment …..Alternatively, if you’re looking to come across to O365 I’d say then these tools and the most recent updates should be the thing that sees you confirm a transition across.
Some of the updates/changes include:
– Using ‘Custom Lists’, wanting interaction and functionality with excel spreadsheets; more integration between SharePoint and outside applications?
o PowerBI (already exists but it is constantly improving in the integration space)
*Don’t forget to add the ‘Sharepoint App’ to your mobile or tablet devices if you are already using SharePoint!
– Wanting to sync/work offline?
o I don’t condone syncing but MS have put in massive efforts to improve the functionality of the once awful OneDrive syncing tool, which now allows you to sync team site document libraries as well
check it out here!
The add-ins for working seamlessly with the O365 environment include the following
- Harmon.ie – allows you to save and send attachments from your SharePoint libraries within Outlook. This also gives you the ability to save emails into a library for record purposes as well.
*Don’t forget the Mailbox option in SharePoint is also another solution for the email records as well.
2. Find Time – Another awesome plugin for your outlook that lets you find time between recipients for easy calendar booking.
- Send Me Free – This application is a great one from the SharePoint App store that gives you the ability to send any document within SharePoint in an email.
*There are a few limitations here – for example: you can’t include you email signature but it is great all the same.
- Pickit Presentation Images – This plug in is another awesome FREE add in that you can use with your O365 applications. These images become yours to use for those presentations, proposals and blogs.
Now, whilst I have just listed some awesome FREE tools that compliment O365, unless you know the platform you will probably not realise the worth of these applications. That is totally fine, MiVirtual does a series of introduction videos to show you how to use your O365.
This is the introductory session we have for the O365 Portal and SharePoint.
As mentioned in the Video above, if you’ve recently purchased O365 for your business the main features that you MUST focus on to make your life better are:
This is just skimming the surface so, like always – if you want to know more or understand what you’re already paying for, just get in touch!
Sometimes it is easier having someone else walk you thought it, we get it.