Like usual, there have been some awesome announcements for O365 and SharePoint over the course of the month of March. Let’s discuss!
Microsoft Teams have been officially released and MAN, they’re cool! It is like a roll-up of everything awesome about O365 into one dashboard. This is a true collaboration style of working. Obviously, it’s new so don’t go throwing away everything else and solely using this but I DEFINTEILY encourage you to download the ‘Teams’ App onto your device/PC today – give it a go.
You can link in SharePoint libraries/Sites; OneDrive; Trello Boards and MORE! *If you have any questions feel free to contact us!
We mentioned Bookings in our last post but now it is officially available and if you’re using something like Calendly , well this is kinda the same except it has way more integration with your email (obviously – because it is through O365) AND has a bunch of other cool options.
- Add your Office 365 calendar to Bookings—Connect your Office 365 calendar to Bookings, so that the times you are busy will automatically be blocked in your public Booking page.
- Add buffer time before and after your appointments—Do you need prep time before or after an appointment? Adding buffer time to a service automatically blocks that time in your Booking page too.
- Bookings apps for your iOS and Android phone—Now you can book an appointment, contact a customer or check a staff member’s appointments while away from the office.
- Customize your Booking page—We added more color customization options, so you can better personalize your Booking page.
After you download the Bookings app on iOS and Android, you can use your phone to:
- View and manage your Bookings calendar.
- Create and edit bookings.
- See real-time availability and whereabouts of your staff.
- Respond to customers with bookings quickly and easily.
- Get directions to your next booking.
- Access your customer list.
Add your Office 365 calendar to Bookings
One of the top pieces of feedback we’ve heard is that you want to be able to add events from your Office 365 calendar to Bookings. So, we added integration between these calendars to help you avoid booking customer meetings during the time you’ve set aside for personal appointments, staff and partner meetings or other aspects of running your business.
*This is something I don’t believe you can do with some of the other solutions in this space so this will be greatly appreciated!
3. Flow – document libraries!
We mentioned last update about how Flow allows you to essentially link the outside world into a SharePoint list WELL, now they’ve finally added the quick click functionality within SharePoint to the new look document libraries as well! If you have ‘new release’ settings turned on under your ‘Admin Portal’ you should already see this.
| GENERAL UPDATES |
‘Co-authoring’ is now happening with Excel!
Another fantastic announcement is that SharePoint Online will soon have a number of ‘file viewer’ updates, which means that SharePoint Online will support the viewing of different file extensions within the browser! This will MAKE LIFE SO MUCH EASIER for those working with these particular file extensions! For the full list, check out the image below:
| MIVIRTUAL ANNOUNCEMENT |
A couple of months ago we announced that we were going to start to offer a very basic ongoing services option for $50 a month, which would include an hour of our time to help you and your business….WELL, we’re now going offering BESPOKE ongoing services packages, where we will manage your SharePoint site for you.
1. We will create new SharePoint sub-sites and document libraries for you
2. Update permissions based on any new additions to your teams
3. Train any new or existing staff and even manage their general queries!
Interested in designing your own ongoing services package? Contact us at [email protected]